Stevie Nicks on John McVie's Cancer: 'He's Gonna Be Fine'



George Pimentel/WireImage


Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie was diagnosed with cancer back in October, but in a new interview with , Stevie Nicks says her longtime bandmate is "gonna be fine."


Find Out Where Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' Lands in Our List of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

"He's good," Nicks says of McVie. "He's got his treatment, and now he did a show on the 30th and 31st, another tomorrow night, then he has surgery next week. . . I'm not the least bit worried about John. He's very, very strong and a man of very few words. He's not a person to mess with."


Ever since McVie's diagnosis, Nicks has been vocally optimistic - even mystical - about the bassist's condition. "If I ever had any psychic knowledge about me in this body, I am telling you that John McVie is gonna be just fine," Nicks told ABC News Radio in December. "He's gonna have a little operation. He'll probably take a couple weeks to recover, and then sky's the limit!"


After canceling 14 tour dates due to McVie's cancer treatment, the bassist joined his Fleetwood Mac bandmates for their New Year's shows in Las Vegas. The December 30th show was especially eventful, with Nicks dedicating her classic ballad "Landslide" to attendees Katy Perry and John Mayer.


"I have been friends with John Mayer for a long time," Nicks told Us Weekly. "I think John Mayer is one of the finest songwriters ever. He is right up there with James Taylor, Don Henley and those people. I really love him and respect him for those beautiful songs. So I just saw them (Mayer and Perry) on December 30th in Vegas, and that's where I dedicated 'Landslide' to them. They seem to be a really great couple, and they seem to really care about each other. I am just hoping for the best for them. . . I always love to dedicate 'Landslide' to people I know really get it and appreciate it. Because it doesn't go out to anybody."



To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel